Where is the festival?
• The Brew Horizons Beer Fest is held at the Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville (the Civic Center), located at 37 Haywood Street, Asheville, North Carolina 28801.
• ENTRY to Exhibition Level is at Hiawassee Street (around the left corner from front/lobby of building.)
What are the hours of the event?
• Doors open at 12pm (the day of.)
• General Admission entry begins at 2 pm – with festival running until 6 pm.
• V.I.T. ticket holders enter the festival 1 hour earlier than general admission, at 1 pm.
• D.D. (designated driver) folks enter with their party at either time.
What is included in my ticket price?
• General Admission ticket holders also get a souvenir tasting glass, and beer samples (from over 25 regional/local breweries & cideries) during the event.
• In addition to the souvenir tasting glass and beer samples, V.I.T. ticket holders enter the festival 1 hour early, receive a souvenir event pint glass, and additional perks from vendors and sponsors.
• D.D. (designated driver) folks can enjoy the music, food, and are provided complimentary non-alcoholic drinks.
• All ticket holders are provided live entertainment from two musical guests, and access to all food and retail vendors.
What should you bring?
• YOUR I.D. – NO I.D., NO ENTRY, regardless of age. All ticket holders MUST BE 21 to enter.
• YOUR TICKET.
Can I bring my children?
While Brew Horizons Beer Fest is intended specifically for adults 21 and older, parents are welcome to bring young children with them as needed. Children must be in the direct presence of a parent or guardian at all times during the event. Keep in mind the festival hall can get extremely loud. No strollers or personal backpacks are allowed in the hall. Baby backpacks are allowed.
Where should I park?
There are several parking garages within walking distance: the Civic Center Garage and Rankin Avenue (being the closest) – as well as Wall Street Garage, and Buncombe County Parking Garage. There is also street/metered parking throughout the area.
What happens if there’s bad weather?
This is a “rain or shine” (or snow!) fundraising event, so “the festival will go on” – with tickets being non-refundable. It is the standard policy of artists, teams and venues that ticketing policies are “no refunds or exchanges.” So in the case of inclement weather, tickets will not be refunded. There are plenty of hotels within walking distance to the event.
Are pets allowed?
Unfortunately, no – pets of any kind are not allowed (unless they are designated service animals.)
Will there be food at the event?
YES. There will be food vendors, as well as snack vendors with yummies available for purchase.
Is there a Coat Check?
YES. We provide a coat check for our guests.
What are the beer samples like?
Breweries provide 2-4oz. pours for tasting, with cideries providing 1oz. pours. Your souvenir glass is provided to you at entry. You may try as many samples as you like during the course of the event. Over 20 breweries/cider makers attend the event, with 3-6 different types of beer at each brewery. View or current list of participants HERE.
What accommodations are there within walking distance?
Visit our Accommodations page HERE.
Is the event handicapped-accessible?